Your care. Your way.
Having a baby is one of the most joyous and exciting times of your life. We believe that every woman deserves an extraordinary, distinctive pregnancy experience. And that is why we created our Pampered Pregnancy Program – just for you. We are here to listen, respond to your individual needs and wishes, and make this a most satisfying prenatal experience.
What our moms say:
- We had just recently moved back to Minnesota in May of 2018, because we were expecting our second little boy and our realator is actually the one who recommended MWC to me. Our first birth was a little traumatic for our family and he ended up in a c-section. So, when I got to MWC and initially met with Rachel Gates (CNM), there was a lot of reassurance, encouragement and support through that appointment. Being a type 1 diabetic, I wasn't sure that they would want to take on a high risk pregnancy, but instead they were more than supportive and ready for the road ahead.
After our initial apt I began seeing Torri Washington (CNM) and she was fantastic through every apt. She is professional, nice and knows what she is talking about. Even when I brought my four year old to the appointments, she included him and made him feel like such an important part of becoming a big brother. She helped him measure my belly and find the heart beat with the doppler. He looked forward to going to see Torri and his baby brother. I also saw Dr. Randall for a couple visits and she is easy going and was so encouraging when I told her I was going to try for a VBAC. There was nothing, but positivity and support, even though I only saw her a couple times. During one of our last visits, I shared with Torri my fears of a repeat c-section and Torri not being there to deliver our baby. Well, Torri went above and beyond for our family. She came in and checked on us multiple times and was there to deliver our newest baby boy and even though there was a tense moment during delivery Torri got him out and gave me the L&D experience that I wanted and so much more. The whole staff at MWC is so nice, they get to know you and treat you and your family with such respect and kindness. I have nothing but great things to say about Torri, Donna and the rest of the staff at MWC. If you have any need, I would recommend MWC as your place to go. MWC is the only place I will be going to during future pregnancies.
- I have been going to Minnesota Women's Care for a couple years now. I first went when there was only one MD and a couple of midwives. It has been exciting to see how it has grown. I started going to MN Women's Care for basic annual care and have stuck with them through my first pregnancy. The care they they provide is top notch.
I love the option of seeing a midwife throughout pregnancy care and have had wonderful experiences with both Heather and Andrea. I have had more ultrasounds than most pregnant women generally get because of some complications and the ultrasound staff have been amazing too. I love that the tech's can communicate to you what they see and you don't have to wait to be told by the doctor. When I had complications the tech I saw at the ER couldn't tell me anything, not even heartbeat, that was scary (I do understand why she couldn't). When I went back to MN Women's Care the next day the ultrasound tech showed me exactly what she was looking at and what she found. That alone ensures that I will come back to MN Women's Care as long as they offer services. They really make you feel like you matter and that your concerns are real when you have them.
- Dr. Kelly is such a caring doctor. She adds humor to every situation. She is a doctor that sits down at your level and talks to you. She makes it clear that she has the time and doesn't make her time with you feel rushed. She is a great listener. She made my c-section exciting and 'fun,' (where sometimes it might otherwise be stressful and not the plan you had been planning on). I would highly recommend her to anyone. I am so thankful that she was able to deliver my baby girl. We will never forget Dr. Kelly, because she truly makes a difference.
- Dr.Kelly got me through two very difficult pregnancies. I had complications that were scary and painful for me, but she made them so much easier to go through it. She spoke very clearly to me, made sure I understood everything and that I was well taken care of. She listened to my concerns and helped me find the right answer for me. There was a time that I had to be seen right away and even though she wasn't in the office that day, she came right in. I have never had a doctor more reliable. I don't know how I would have done it without her.
- I first met Dr. Mahan 12 years ago. I came with my sister to one of her appointments, and I got to announce to both of them that I was expecting my first child. She has since delivered all four of my children. She is absolutely wonderful! She is more than a doctor to me, she is a beloved member of our family and we are so grateful! She is warm and genuine and makes you feel super comfortable. Her excitement in the delivery room is contagious - you would think it was her first delivery by her joy each and every time! I highly recommend her to all of my friends.
- Dr. Kelly is one of the best ob/gyns I have ever worked with! Her knowledge is amazing and her personality is even better! Dr. Kelly gives great suggestions for dealing with any questions or concerns that I have, and she knows the latest medical treatments. I trusted her completely with my prenatal care and the delivery of my twins 7 years ago. Now I continue to see her yearly because she is so personable and takes great care of me.
- Dr. Kelly is our "all in the family" physician and my daughters and I have been her patients for many years. Both in my own care and during the deliveries of my grandchildren, she has been encouraging, supportive, and exceptionally skilled. I continue to have the highest level of confidence in her care.
- Dr. Miller has been great to work with. I had a complicated pregnancy and she was very helpful. She worked with me to create a birth plan. She was willing to come in on her day off to perform a emergency c-section due to fear of pre-eclampsia symptoms. She spent time answering questions and I had a lot of them. I would recommend her!
- Erin does an amazing job my feet have been swollen and the baby has been on my pelvis bone and every time I come in and she adjusts me she gets him to move. Also, she very knowledgeable I was having a hard time sleeping and she was able to help with that. I would tell anyone who is pregnant to go see Erin she does amazing job and is just so caring and friendly. I wish more Chiropractors out there would be more like her!
- Andrea Brockberg makes me feel as comfortable as a woman can be during an OB visit. She keeps the invasive procedures as quick as possible. She is also very friendly and makes me forget that I'm at the doctor's office. It's weird to think about, but it makes me happy to come here. I've been seeing her for over 10 years, from pregnancy to annual exams, and I don't mind going to the OB at all because she's so happy, nice, and funny. Remembers my kids' names and my husband. Very personal and professional.
- Julie Ann is very kind and understanding! She was very kind and helpful. She was not judgmental at all and I felt like she listened to everything I said and did a great job explaining everything to me that I asked about!
- Erin Epperly is the best chiropractor ive ever been too! She is honest in her work, takes time to actually help and make sure you are comfortable and are feeling better before you leave and your following visit
- It's been a wonderful experience with Heather! This is my 2nd pregnancy with in 2 years and I could't have chosen a better midwife.
- What's not to love about Doctor Kelly, she listens to any concerns you may have and leaves you feeling so confident & calm. She wants to hear about your family and see how you are doing as an individual. She has been my OB for all of my kids and has guided my husband and I on this journey so smoothly. She gives great explanations for each decision she wants to make to help guide you on this journey which has always given me such trust in her to not doubt her choices.
- Great personalized care! Torri listens very well. She explains things thoroughly and takes her time during our appointments. I've never felt rushed and can tell she cares.
- Heather is wonderful! She made me feel very comfortable during my first visit. I can't wait to see her again!
- Dr. Erin is always more than willing to take the time to explain things to you so that you understand what it is she is working on with you. I have never felt rushed-even when she is busy. She makes it a priority check in and see how things are going since she saw you last and is always giving ways to achieve improvement in your health. All around I think Dr. Erin is an exceptional provider.
- Erin Epperly is my saving grace! I first saw Erin when I was barely able to move due to a sore back/pelvic in my first pregnancy. Not only was she able to relieve my pain but she has also been a great source for all of my first time momma questions and concerns. I absolutely love my appointments with Erin. I am always more comfortable and I always walk away with more information and pointers to continue care outside of her office. I feel very comfortable with Erin and feel that I can tell her anything that is on my mind, even if I'm crazy. Love her - would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone I know!
- Dr. Mahan is amazing!! I can't say enough about Dr. Mahan. She's wonderful. She was my sister's OBGYN and delivered my three nieces and nephews. I came to see her when I was pregnant with my daughter and my experience was nothing short of amazing. She takes her time in appointments to make sure any and all questions you might have are answered, shes super nice and sweet and makes you feel comfortable! I just couldn't imagine seeing anyone else!
- I really appreciate Dr. Kelly's expertise and honestly. I've known her for 10 years, through 4 children and now working through the changes of turning 40! She has always been so down to earth and real. She's not just interested in my medical health but my overall well being. She remembers the little things even from years before. She's just amazing!
- I have had a great experience with Minnesota women's care at all four locations. When I was going through an ectopic pregnancy they were the most attentive out of all clinics I reached out to. They helped me through every stage including surgery. Naturally when I got pregnant again I went back and was able to meet many of the doctors and midwives. Now I am about to deliver my first child and am so excited!
- Minnesota Womans Care Woodbury is amazing! The office is super clean and everyone is so friendly. I had the pleasure to meet all the midwifes during my pregnancy and loved having Heather DeJarnett be the main midwife I went to. She always made me feel like no question was dumb during my pregnancy and always managed to find the perfect words to make me feel comfortable with the different changes that were going on during my pregnancy. She even managed to make it into the hospital to see how I was feeling after my labor and that shows her true passion and love for her job! Hands down Heather is an amazing midwife and I’ll be recommending many to be moms to go to her.
- I am blessed to have been seen by one of the very best provider at MN Women's Care. Heather DeJarnett was very thoughtful, direct and informative. I feel that after my visit all my concerns and worries was answer and taken care of. Kudos to Heather!!
- My wife was recently seen by Heather DeJarnett. Heather gave knowledgeable information and very thoughtful towards our needs and wants.
- Heather DeJarnett is one of the best provider I have seen at MN Women's Care. Highly recommend if you ever have any issue with GYN.
- My wife and I recently welcomed our first child into the world and had such a great experience thanks to Minnesota Women's Care. We had the opportunity to see 3 different and great midwifes and doctors throughout our 37 week adventure. We both met with during appointments and took a fun childbirth class with Torri Washington. She was a fun, knowledgeable midwife who was also our midwife during the actual birth. She is fantastic! Then there is Heather, a midwife we worked with on a number of occasions who provided another knowledgeable, kind, and caring experience. Lastly, Dr. Kelly who is energetic and just great to see. These 3 women made our experience throughout the pregnancy fantastic, while answering all our questions and making sure we were prepared (as prepared as you can be for your first!).
- Dr. Amy Kelly has been our OB-GYN for the past 8 years and my husband and I cannot say enough good things about her. She is a highly skilled and competent practitioner and surgeon. We have recommended her countless times to friends and family, whether it be for OB services or to have surgery, and never once has she disappointed. Whether it is a highly complex surgical procedure or the attentive care needed during pregnancy, Dr. Kelly exceeds expectations in all that she does.
- From my first experience to my most recent I have felt very well cared for. I am very relaxed about the whole process and have faith that my baby and I are well cared for.
- I had such an amazing experience with Minnesota Woman's Care. This was my first pregnancy so I was very nervous going into it but the staff is top notch! So friendly and knowledgeable. I ended up being high risk so I met with the ultrasound techs once a week and they are just the sweetest people and my midwife, Heather, who delivered my baby was amazing! I met with all the staff during my pregnancy and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them! I'll def be going back for my next pregnancy. My son was born Dec 15th... a healthy baby boy!
- This is the place to be for top notch women's health care. The staff is amazing and truly care about your needs and concerns. Having had the pleasure of working with all the core staff during my pregnancy I must say that it was the best experience I could have hoped for.
- I'm so glad I am a patient at the best clinic in the world with the best OBs ever. They delivered both of my children (one who will be 9 tomorrow) and soon to be a 3rd child....I followed them from Allina to Dr. Ashford's clinic and so happy I did!
- The entire staff at MN Women's Care is fantastic. My pregnancy required frequent visits and monitoring and I always felt they provided me with top notch care with a friendly, fun loving smile. I feel truly blessed that I found this practice and I would highly recommend the whole staff!
- I had a great experience at this clinic. Couldn't ask for more, I had really great supportive staff and nurses. I would come back next time for my prenatal. Thank you everyone! :)
- I enjoy coming to Minnesota Woman's Care because I feel like I am getting the best treatment possible and the staff makes me very comfortable. Dr. Ashford figured out what was wrong with me and why I was in so much pain when no one else could. He was with me through my whole pregnancy and even after. I feel like I am very well taken care of and I would highly recommend Dr. Ashford to any woman.
- The only place I will ever go for my pregnancies! Love MNWC!
- Dr. Ashford provided a consult for my husband and me regarding our fertility concerns. He actually helped eliminate several fears, provided balanced medical information, and gave us practical advice on moving forward with our family plans.
- This is an amazing clinic! I find it such a cute place to go to for my midwife/doctor appointments. All the staff are very welcoming, respectful, understanding and patient (: . I would recommend any women at this clinic for their needs ! (:
- I just wanted to let you know our baby twins are doing awesome! I will never forget you. You saved my life and my twins lives, especially Olivia. You were such a blessing in our lives and I want you to know I really don't think we would be here without you. I hope you are well!
- Tori is amazing! What a great option for future pregnancies!
- I adore Torri. She's a perfect addition to MN Women's Care. I'm looking forward to the birthing experience with her (any day now!)
- Midwives are amazing! Congrats to Torri - an awesome addition to the Women's Care family!
What our approach really means: In the words of one mom
This review from a patient really touched us. We try very hard to make sure we can meet our patients' needs. Everyone at Minnesota Women's Care is committed to making sure you receive the best care possible.
"The day before my 20 week anatomy scan we got the phone call that my grandpa took a turn for the worse and we needed to get to Iowa to say goodbye. All I could think about was that my grandpa wasn't going to meet his first great grandchild. I called to see if by some chance I could get an appointment as soon as possible to find out the gender to be able to tell my grandpa before he passed away. When I called I talked to Denise at CHCW she was so kind and helpful when I explained the situation to her between tears. She was able to find me an appointment at the Minnesota Women's Care- Bielenberg location with the ultrasound tech, Amber.
When my husband and I got to my appointment and told Amber the situation, she was extremely kind and understanding. We were able to find out the gender of baby and it seemed as if Amber made it her mission to get great images of our baby, knowing that was the only way my grandpa would see this little girl before passing away. Of course baby girl had her hands up covering her face and wasn't cooperating. Amber used all of her tricks trying to get baby girl to reposition which resulted in trying to get good images three times. Through all of this I never felt rushed or that we were an inconvenience what so ever. We left that appointment with several great images and short videos of our baby girl, along with a stuffed animal with a recording of her heart beat inside. We ended up getting to Iowa at 10:30pm that night and my grandpa passed away at 10:45pm.
Amber and Denise gave my husband and I a huge gift. I was able to share with my grandpa, that his first great grandchild was a girl along with her heartbeat. The kind and compassionate care you provided to us during such a difficult time is appreciated beyond words I simply cannot thank you enough."
Our Approach to Pregnancy Care
- Select from physician or midwife-attended birth
- Relaxed, patient-focused visits
- Individualized care – because we recognize that every woman is unique
- Timely call-backs from our friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Detailed and individualized prenatal record-keeping
- Excellent collaboration and co-management between your providers and nurses
- Convenient, on-site ultrasound and laboratory services
- Initial OB visit when you want it. (Most women choose to come for their first visit when 6-8 weeks pregnant.)
- Early pregnancy dating ultrasound
- Fetal survey ultrasound at 20 weeks, at our clinic
- Monthly visits from 8 - 28 weeks
- Every-other-week visits from 28 - 36 weeks
- Delivery at the highly reputable St. John’s Hospital
Please call and talk with us about your specific needs.
We accept pregnancy transfers at any gestational age.
Here’s what we provide:
- Surprise gifts at designated visits
- A 10-minute mini-massage in our “for expectant moms only” chair at each appointment
- Invitations to courtesy informational sessions throughout your pregnancy. (Yes, we provide refreshments while you learn!)
- Ultrasound video and photo keepsake option during your ultrasound so you can share your baby's first pictures and full-motion video online with family and friends. Perfect for posting in emails and on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
Minnesota Women's Care now offers 3D/4D Ultrasounds with amazing detail and clarity. This ultrasound was performed during the 28th week of pregnancy: