This is one amazing team.
At Minnesota Women’s Care, women have the option of having their birth attended by a midwife or an physician (MD). Some women choose to combine the two options by having a midwife oversee their prenatal care and a physician attend the delivery. The choice is yours.
Our entire team works closely, so your care is consistent from visit to visit. Our goal is to make sure that you have the best possible care throughout your pregnancy and delivery.
Our midwives are Certified Nurse Midwives, meaning they have completed additional study and are trained specifically to provide pregnancy care.
Or phone 651-600-3035
What our moms say:
- We had just recently moved back to Minnesota in May of 2018, because we were expecting our second little boy and our realator is actually the one who recommended MWC to me. Our first birth was a little traumatic for our family and he ended up in a c-section. So, when I got to MWC and initially met with Rachel Gates (CNM), there was a lot of reassurance, encouragement and support through that appointment. Being a type 1 diabetic, I wasn't sure that they would want to take on a high risk pregnancy, but instead they were more than supportive and ready for the road ahead.
After our initial apt I began seeing Torri Washington (CNM) and she was fantastic through every apt. She is professional, nice and knows what she is talking about. Even when I brought my four year old to the appointments, she included him and made him feel like such an important part of becoming a big brother. She helped him measure my belly and find the heart beat with the doppler. He looked forward to going to see Torri and his baby brother. I also saw Dr. Randall for a couple visits and she is easy going and was so encouraging when I told her I was going to try for a VBAC. There was nothing, but positivity and support, even though I only saw her a couple times. During one of our last visits, I shared with Torri my fears of a repeat c-section and Torri not being there to deliver our baby. Well, Torri went above and beyond for our family. She came in and checked on us multiple times and was there to deliver our newest baby boy and even though there was a tense moment during delivery Torri got him out and gave me the L&D experience that I wanted and so much more. The whole staff at MWC is so nice, they get to know you and treat you and your family with such respect and kindness. I have nothing but great things to say about Torri, Donna and the rest of the staff at MWC. If you have any need, I would recommend MWC as your place to go. MWC is the only place I will be going to during future pregnancies.
- I have been going to Minnesota Women's Care for a couple years now. I first went when there was only one MD and a couple of midwives. It has been exciting to see how it has grown. I started going to MN Women's Care for basic annual care and have stuck with them through my first pregnancy. The care they they provide is top notch.
I love the option of seeing a midwife throughout pregnancy care and have had wonderful experiences with both Heather and Andrea. I have had more ultrasounds than most pregnant women generally get because of some complications and the ultrasound staff have been amazing too. I love that the tech's can communicate to you what they see and you don't have to wait to be told by the doctor. When I had complications the tech I saw at the ER couldn't tell me anything, not even heartbeat, that was scary (I do understand why she couldn't). When I went back to MN Women's Care the next day the ultrasound tech showed me exactly what she was looking at and what she found. That alone ensures that I will come back to MN Women's Care as long as they offer services. They really make you feel like you matter and that your concerns are real when you have them.
- It's been a wonderful experience with Heather! This is my 2nd pregnancy with in 2 years and I could't have chosen a better midwife.
- Great personalized care! Torri listens very well. She explains things thoroughly and takes her time during our appointments. I've never felt rushed and can tell she cares.
- Heather is wonderful! She made me feel very comfortable during my first visit. I can't wait to see her again!
- Julie Ann is very kind and understanding! She was very kind and helpful. She was not judgmental at all and I felt like she listened to everything I said and did a great job explaining everything to me that I asked about!
- I have had a great experience with Minnesota women's care at all four locations. When I was going through an ectopic pregnancy they were the most attentive out of all clinics I reached out to. They helped me through every stage including surgery. Naturally when I got pregnant again I went back and was able to meet many of the doctors and midwives. Now I am about to deliver my first child and am so excited!
- Minnesota Womans Care Woodbury is amazing! The office is super clean and everyone is so friendly. I had the pleasure to meet all the midwifes during my pregnancy and loved having Heather DeJarnett be the main midwife I went to. She always made me feel like no question was dumb during my pregnancy and always managed to find the perfect words to make me feel comfortable with the different changes that were going on during my pregnancy. She even managed to make it into the hospital to see how I was feeling after my labor and that shows her true passion and love for her job! Hands down Heather is an amazing midwife and I’ll be recommending many to be moms to go to her.
- I am blessed to have been seen by one of the very best provider at MN Women's Care. Heather DeJarnett was very thoughtful, direct and informative. I feel that after my visit all my concerns and worries was answer and taken care of. Kudos to Heather!!
- My wife was recently seen by Heather DeJarnett. Heather gave knowledgeable information and very thoughtful towards our needs and wants.
- Heather DeJarnett is one of the best provider I have seen at MN Women's Care. Highly recommend if you ever have any issue with GYN.
- My wife and I recently welcomed our first child into the world and had such a great experience thanks to Minnesota Women's Care. We had the opportunity to see 3 different and great midwifes and doctors throughout our 37 week adventure. We both met with during appointments and took a fun childbirth class with Torri Washington. She was a fun, knowledgeable midwife who was also our midwife during the actual birth. She is fantastic! Then there is Heather, a midwife we worked with on a number of occasions who provided another knowledgeable, kind, and caring experience. Lastly, Dr. Kelly who is energetic and just great to see. These 3 women made our experience throughout the pregnancy fantastic, while answering all our questions and making sure we were prepared (as prepared as you can be for your first!).
- From my first experience to my most recent I have felt very well cared for. I am very relaxed about the whole process and have faith that my baby and I are well cared for.
- I had such an amazing experience with Minnesota Woman's Care. This was my first pregnancy so I was very nervous going into it but the staff is top notch! So friendly and knowledgeable. I ended up being high risk so I met with the ultrasound techs once a week and they are just the sweetest people and my midwife, Heather, who delivered my baby was amazing! I met with all the staff during my pregnancy and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them! I'll def be going back for my next pregnancy. My son was born Dec 15th... a healthy baby boy!
- The only place I will ever go for my pregnancies! Love MNWC!
- This is an amazing clinic! I find it such a cute place to go to for my midwife/doctor appointments. All the staff are very welcoming, respectful, understanding and patient (: . I would recommend any women at this clinic for their needs ! (:
- Tori is amazing! What a great option for future pregnancies!
- I adore Torri. She's a perfect addition to MN Women's Care. I'm looking forward to the birthing experience with her (any day now!)
- Midwives are amazing! Congrats to Torri - an awesome addition to the Women's Care family!
What is a midwife?
The word ‘midwife’ means “with woman”. A midwife provides care that reflects her deep understanding of a woman’s needs and that of her newborn throughout the intricate process of pregnancy, labor, and birth. She also provides care and support through the days and weeks following birth with mothering and breastfeeding support. Our midwives are equipped to help guide and support women through many stages of life including pregnancy.
Midwives Model of Care: Woman-Centered
The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes. The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
The application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
A Healthy and Safe Delivery
Having the birth experience that you desire is of high importance to us. Having a healthy and safe delivery for you and your baby is of foremost importance. Our midwife's years of experience provides the ability also to identify abnormal conditions in a mother or baby which would indicate need of further care and consultation with our obstetrician (MD) when necessary.
Weekend Warrior Childbirth Prep Classes
Our own team of experienced midwives and labor and delivery nurses teach our birthing prep class. This is the perfect place to find out exactly what you can expect. Call us for details on the next session.
Meet our Midwives
Certified Nurse Midwife
Nurse-midwife Torri Washington became well-known to many women through her practice at Aspen Medical Group. She joined Minnesota Women's Care with her former colleagues, Dr. Melvin Ashford and Andrea Brockberg, CNP.
Torri really listens to mothers-to-be and provides the specialized care they want and need. If you’re looking for an extraordinary, distinctive and personalized pregnancy experience, Torri’s expert care may be exactly what you have in mind.
Certified Nurse Midwife
Heather has been a part of the delivery experience for many women in the Twin Cities first as a labor and delivery nurse and later as a midwife. We're so pleased she is now a part of our practice. She shares our passion for providing expert care to women during pregnancy and delivery. The enthusiasm she brings to her work is really inspiring. Her personal experience and her expertise as a nurse and certified nurse midwife makes her a great support to pregnant moms of all ages.
Julie Ann Vingers
Certified Nurse Midwife
Julie Ann comes to Minnesota Women's Care with a robust background in all facets of nursing and women's health including well-women gynecology, family planning, antepartum, and postpartum care. Many women know her through her years in both the Allina and HealthEast systems as well as her work as an instructor and professor.
Certified Nurse Midwife
Rachel completed her first degree in Spanish studies and biology. She quickly returned to school and completed her Master's in nursing and earned her certification in nurse-midwifery. During her educational journey, she gained a ton of experience in many different aspects of women's healthcare.
Certified Nurse Midwife
Lindsay has extensive experience includes all phases of labor and delivery, NICU, and women's reproductive health. Before becoming a midwife, Lindsay worked for more than 10 years as an NICU nurse and labor and delivery nurse. She has a passion for supporting women throughout their pregnancy journey.