Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Our chiropractors at Minnesota Women’s Care take a specific interest in prenatal and postnatal care and have sought additional training. They have been trained to work with pregnant women and use special tables that adjust for a pregnant woman’s body, and they will use techniques that avoid unneeded pressure on the abdomen. They are trained in the needs of women who are pregnant and will also provide you with exercises and stretches that are safe to perform during pregnancy.
What our moms say:
- Dr. Erin is always more than willing to take the time to explain things to you so that you understand what it is she is working on with you. I have never felt rushed-even when she is busy. She makes it a priority check in and see how things are going since she saw you last and is always giving ways to achieve improvement in your health. All around I think Dr. Erin is an exceptional provider.
- Erin Epperly is my saving grace! I first saw Erin when I was barely able to move due to a sore back/pelvic in my first pregnancy. Not only was she able to relieve my pain but she has also been a great source for all of my first time momma questions and concerns. I absolutely love my appointments with Erin. I am always more comfortable and I always walk away with more information and pointers to continue care outside of her office. I feel very comfortable with Erin and feel that I can tell her anything that is on my mind, even if I'm crazy. Love her - would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone I know!
- Erin does an amazing job my feet have been swollen and the baby has been on my pelvis bone and every time I come in and she adjusts me she gets him to move. Also, she very knowledgeable I was having a hard time sleeping and she was able to help with that. I would tell anyone who is pregnant to go see Erin she does amazing job and is just so caring and friendly. I wish more Chiropractors out there would be more like her!
- Erin Epperly is the best chiropractor ive ever been too! She is honest in her work, takes time to actually help and make sure you are comfortable and are feeling better before you leave and your following visit
About Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is health maintenance of the spinal column, discs, related nerves and bone geometry without drugs or surgery. It involves the art and science of adjusting misaligned joints of the body, especially of the spine, which reduces spinal nerve stress and therefore promotes health throughout the body.
Chiropractic Care is just another example of our quest to provide optimal, unique and superior care for our patients.
Is chiropractic care during pregnancy safe?
There are no known contraindications to chiropractic care throughout pregnancy. All chiropractors are trained to work with women who are pregnant. Investing in the fertility and pregnancy wellness of women who are pregnant or trying to conceive is a routine care for most chiropractors.
Why should I have chiropractic care during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, there are several physiological and hormonal changes that occur in preparation for creating the environment for the developing baby. These changes, while important for accommodating for the baby, can result in a misaligned spine or joints:
- Protruding abdomen and increased back curve
- Pelvic changes
- Postural adaptations
Establishing pelvic balance and alignment is another reason to obtain chiropractic care during pregnancy. When the pelvis is misaligned it may reduce the amount of room available for the developing baby. This restriction is called intrauterine constraint and may affect babies optimal positioning for labor. This also may result in discomfort. Keeping the spine aligned helps the entire body work more effectively.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy?
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Potentially decrease the time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
With a balanced pelvis, babies have a greater chance of moving into the correct position for birth. We suggest that our pregnant women visit our chiropractor at least once in the Third Trimester between 28 - 34 weeks. Patients with nausea and vomiting, neck pain, back pain or joint pain should be seen by the chiropractor after evaluation by one of the medical providers as needed.