WHY MINNESOTA WOMEN'S CARE IS DIFFERENTMinnesota Women's Care has a different approach. We believe in staying current with the advances in treatment and surgical options so we can address the conditions that erode the quality of life for many women. Our surgeons often meet with other surgeons and participate in advanced training sessions to learn about new procedures. This allows us to continually offer our patients the most current treatment available.Many patients have been surprised to learn that the best treatment for their condition is not surgery, but a non-invasive therapy that corrects the issue and helps them lead a happy, busy, pain-free life. When surgery is recommended, we always use the least invasive procedure that will get the best results and aid in faster healing and less recovery pain. Talk with us. We'll help.
The newest, most effective treatments available anywhere.
Here's what other women have said about our care:
- Dr. Ashford and staff are absolutely top-notch. He treated several conditions I had with excellent results and corrected some mistakes other physicians had made. I didn't have to to go Mayo although I had thought about it. I found exactly what I needed at MN Women's Care. No matter what your condition, don't hesitate. Make the call for an appointment. You won't be disappointed.
Being an older woman like me doesn't mean we have to go through life ashamed, hopeless, or even ignorant about our own bodies. Dr. Ashford and staff treat women who have lots of different issues. They restore hope, dignity and make life full of possibilities again for things you may have thought were hopeless. I am so happy I go there for treatment.
- Love Dr. Gerten, she has been extremely helpful in my care and diagnosis. I have experience improvement and my quality of life is much better since I have seen her.
- Dr.Gerten made me feel very comfortable and reassured me to not feel embarrassed. she took the time and was very thorough with explaining everything.
- I made an appointment with Dr. Gerten based on a referral. I already had high expectations, but Dr. Gerten surpassed these expectations. What more could a patient ask for?
- Dr. Gerten is an excellent physician! Dr. Gerten has a wonderful bedside manner, I felt as though she really cared about me as a patient. She kept me well informed, did a great job with educating me about my surgery, as well as doing a fantastic job with my surgery. I am very appreciative and grateful.
- My experience with Dr Ashford has been very positive in getting me back to good health after my surgery. I have had two surgeries with him and good results. Dr Ashford and nurses are a great team in providing healthy experience. Rachael, Andrea have done the uroystem treatment with me great success along with others that have assisted. I love Women's Care and have referred others to the clinic. Very helpful and supportive. Thanks.
- I came to MN Womens Care in desperate need of help. Dr Crabb was the first doctor to really listen to me, to hear my complex symptoms and work on solutions. He is an excellent surgeon who gave me back my body from the adhesions and endometriosis scars that had developed over many years. I credit Dr Crabb and his staff for giving me the best experience I have had with the medical profession in years. Thank you.
- Dr. Ashford is a brilliant and kind physician. It's worth the wait to see him. After some years of pelvic pain, he put me on a path of therapy and treatment that has ultimately totally alleviated it completely. His expertise is invaluable and I hope more doctors can be influenced by his advanced and wholistic approach to women's care.
- Dr Ashford is the best surgeon in the state of Minnesota dealing with Womens pelvic issues. He uses state of the art methods and gives you very individual care. He really listens to you. His staff from the moment you walk into his clinic treat you with the best service possible and always make you comfortable. I love going to this clinic!
- Doctor Ashford and his staff gave me my life back and I would recommend them to anyone dealing with OBGYN needs. He worked with me for many months and really listened to and understood me, he also personally preformed surgery on me in April and found the right medication for my endometriosis. A million thank you's to EVERYONE at the clinic, from the people answering the phones, all the way to the nurses and Doctors Ashford, may God bless you all.
- Dr. Amy Kelly has been our OB-GYN for the past 8 years and my husband and I cannot say enough good things about her. She is a highly skilled and competent practitioner and surgeon. We have recommended her countless times to friends and family, whether it be for OB services or to have surgery, and never once has she disappointed. Whether it is a highly complex surgical procedure or the attentive care needed during pregnancy, Dr. Kelly exceeds expectations in all that she does.
- I recently had surgery performed by Dr Ashford to correct some prolapse issues. I was extremely impressed with his level of competence and caring throughout the process. I totally trusted him,the surgery was a total success at this point with followup appointments scheduled to make sure I have healed correctly.
He is an exceptional surgeon who cares personally about each of his patients. I definitely recommend Dr Ashford to any women with pelvic issues.
- Dr. Ashford is the best! Being a doctor that is both a gynecologist and an urologist he has been able to help me solve all of my issues, not just some of them. Even when I was questioning what was going on, he has remained calm and has always had a plan. He also has explained everything in a way that I could understand.
- I went months thinking that I had chronic bladder or vaginal infections. I took tons of antibiotics. Dr. Ashford told me that it was not an infection, but possibly a pelvic floor problem. WOW, I never would have guessed, and took the extra time to teach me about my issue. Pain free now, and I have worked with so many providers at the clinic besides Dr. Ashford. Andrea, Torri, Erin,,, so many kind and professional people here to help.
Again, thank you so much.
- I enjoy coming to Minnesota Woman's Care because I feel like I am getting the best treatment possible and the staff makes me very comfortable. Dr. Ashford figured out what was wrong with me and why I was in so much pain when no one else could. He was with me through my whole pregnancy and even after. I feel like I am very well taken care of and I would highly recommend Dr. Ashford to any woman.
- I was very impressed with my results of the surgery. I have had no further issues and this had been a ongoing problem for years. Dr. Ashford is s very caring and concerned doctor, I feel that he always takes my concerns serious and he is very knowledgeable. I have recommended him and the clinic to several people.
- They are awesome at his clinic .. and he did a very good job on my hysterectomy. And after care. He fixed my life...thanks.
- I received excellent care from Dr. Ashford and nurses to provide treatment for ongoing excessive bleeding. I underwent an endometrial ablation procedure, which was quick and relatively easy. Since the procedure, I've had no problems, no pain, and no bleeding. Dr. Ashford's team was professional and caring and helped me to feel comfortable.
- From February 2013 to November 2013, I worked with Dr. Ashford's staff with use of the In-Tone device to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles. It was a very good experience, and I still use the device. This is a great alternative to try for bladder leakage.
- Minnesota Women's Care offers very extensive care for every woman and their needs. The facility is always clean. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I myself go weekly for Urostym treatment for my Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. This treatment has been very beneficial for me. Dr. Ashford is so knowledgeable about every aspect of a women's body. I would HIGHLY recommend him to every woman.
- I could not have asked for a better surgeon or care team.
- Finally Found a Dr. that listens to me as an individual. I have unique pelvic issues and Dr. Ashford is helping me along the road to recovery. Finally someone that doesn't just practice cookie cutter medicine. Everyone there is nice an helpful. I love that the nurses answer the phone and usually don't have to wait for answers to questions. Well worth the drive. I understand having to wait to be seen because all his patients have their needs met.
- A huge thank you to Dr. Ashford for the last surgery to remove scar tissue that was messing things up and causing me pain everyday. I am now back to myself - feeling great & active - and no pain!!
- I hope you are still around for my daughters when they are older as I still tell my friends and family about you! Thank you for everything. I wish there was a way I can tell the world what you did for me. God Bless you.
- Dr. Ashford is an excellent physician with impeccable surgical skills. I was so lucky to find him.
- I have had incredible results working with Dr. Ashford and his staff. Before meeting with him I had been dealing with severe pelvic pain for over two years. Most doctors, even specialists, did not know how to reduce my pain level. I had tried many therapies and nothing had worked until I met Dr. Ashford. After a few months working with him and his therapy and medication treatment I have seen a dramatic improvement with my symptoms. These people really know what they are doing and are patient and compassionate enough to take the time to listen and explore the many options that can help you. I highly recommend you give Minnesota Women's Care a chance to help you feel your best!
- Everyone has been so knowledgeable and skilled, especially with my tipped uterus :) Any time I've had questions, they've always explained things well to me, and feel like I can ask them a question any time. I had a surgery with Dr. Ashford and everything went great, thanks to his skill. Highly recommend this clinic!
- Dr. Ashford and his entire staff are outstanding! I just had surgery and couldn't be more impressed about the care and compassion I received from Dr. Ashford. He really took time to listen to my concerns, answered all my questions and was great at informing me about my options. So glad I made the phone call to get a 2nd opinion from him. I'm thrilled to have a Dr. that wants me to feel my best!
Complex Gynecologic Issues: Surgery and Treatment
A variety of conditions may affect a woman’s uterus, vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes over the course of her life. Common types of gynecologic conditions - such as fibroids, endometriosis, and pelvic organ prolapse - can cause significant problems and impact the lives of women. We address these, however, we don’t loose sight of routine gynecologic care as well. After all, an ounce of prevention is always more than a pound of cure.
Our innovative and comprehensive treatment programs start with an accurate diagnosis. Our care plans are attentive to our patients' emotional, educational and physical needs. Where surgery is required, the most advanced and least invasive procedures will be used.
At Minnesota Women's Care, we will work with you to address these medical conditions that can impact the quality of your life:
Click to read more:
Amazing New Technology
Here's a little background: One thing that Dr. Ashford makes VERY clear is that he believes in using treatments that allow women to return to their busy lives as fast as possible. He uses minimally invasive surgical procedures when he can – meaning smaller incisions, less recovery time, and often, less pain.
A few yeas ago, due to some FDA concerns, surgeons were no longer able to provide laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomies for some women. In real terms what this meant was that some women had undergo a different type of surgery – one with a much longer recovery time. Then a product was developed that changed everything.
The Pneumoliner allows Dr. Ashford to return to using minimally invasive surgery to perform hysterectomies in cases where he couldn't do that. It's an exciting breakthrough – one that makes women's lives better.
We have more info to describe the process and how it works. Links to the video showing the procedure are on this page.
We have two areas with more detailed information:
Visit Dr. Ashford's Blog
click to read more about Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy on this site.